a personal website
I’m Richard Downing, and this is my personal website. I use it to experiment with various ways of making websites, since I’m often asked how to make them. It is quite likely to be broken, and have missing bits from time to time.
I also use it to record my thoughts on various topics. You may also find my biography, at least as much as I have written so far, and perhaps some of my home renovation and carpentry projects. I’m a Subdeacon of the Orthodox Church, and I may add some thoughts here too.
Initially this will be a simple website, but I hope to make it more complex as time goes on, and time is available to develop it.
I also have a number of other websites, and an interest in several others:
- St Bega’s Way is a website that I designed for my wife’s book.
- Churches Together in Keswick is one that I run for the local ecumenic al Christian group.
- Bassenthwaite Village is for my village.
- Orthodox Cumbria is the website of my local Orthodox Parish.
- Early Christian Ireland is a wonderful resource for those interested in the early Saints of Ireland and is the work of my friend Fr. John Musther. Together we have been updating it over the last year.
- A Synaxarion of British and Irish Saints is Fr John and my recent attempt to catalogue all the significant saints of Great Britain and Ireland (the British Isles).
- Orthodox Community of St Finnan and St Nicolas is a site I build and maintain for my friend Fr Christopher Wallace, who is the Orthodox Priest in North West Scotland.
I'm experimenting with couch cms, which is a way of adding functionality to a static website.